[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.8.0 Postmortem

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 05:18:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

We've kicked off a thread about 3.9 planning, I  figure now is a good time to
do a postmortem of 3.8.0 release. Let's  focus primarily on what we did bad and
how we could improve[1]. My  selfish interest here is to see how I can help
improve our release  process as the CI Engineer.

I'll start off with my  contribution: We upgraded Gerrit close to the release
dates. This did  not end up all well and may have caused stress to the release
manager  and delay to the release dates. It fixed our random Gerrit outages, so
it has been a win, but a painful one week while we fixed everything. The
postmortem for the migration[2] has the action items we'll be taking to  avoid
this in the future.

[1]: https://codeascraft.com/2012/05/22/blameless-postmortems/
[2]: http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2016-June/002239.html

--