[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.9 Planning
avishwan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 14:57:59 UTC 2016
Are you working on any new features or enhancements to Gluster? Gluster
3.9 is coming :)
As discussed previously in mailing lists, community meetings we will
have a GlusterFS release in September 2016.
Please share the details about features/enhancements you are working on.
(Feature freeze will be around Aug 31, 2016)
If you are working on a feature please open a bug and add it to 3.9.0
tracker listed below.
Following list of features/enhancements copied from 3.9 road map
page(https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.9), Let us know if any
of the features are not planned for 3.9 release.
- Throttling xlator (Owners: Ravishankar N)
- Trash Improvements (Owners: Anoop C S, Jiffin Tony Thottan)
- Kerberos for Gluster protocols (Owners: Niels de Vos, Csaba Henk)
- SELinux on Gluster Volumes (Owners: Niels de Vos, Manikandan)
- DHT2 (Owners: Shyamsundar Ranganathan, Venky Shankar, Kotresh)
- Native sub-directory mounts (Owners: Kaushal M, Pranith K)
- RichACL support for GlusterFS (Owners: Rajesh Joseph + Volunteers)
- Share modes / Share reservations (Owners: Raghavendra Talur + Poornima
G, Soumya Koduri, Rajesh Joseph, Anoop C S)
- Integrate with external resource management software (Owners: Kaleb
Keithley, Jose Rivera)
- Gluster Eventing (Owners: Aravinda VK)
- Gluster Management REST APIs (Owners: Aravinda VK)
- Inotify (Owners: Soumya Koduri)
- pNFS Layout Recall (Owners: Jiffin Tony Thottan, Soumya Koduri)
- iSCSI access for Gluster (Owners: Raghavendra Bhat, Vijay Bellur)
- Directory/Files filters for Geo-replication (Owners: Kotresh, Aravinda)
- Add + Remove brick with Volume Tiering (Owners: Dan Lambright)
- Volume Tiering (Owners: Dan Lambright)
- User and Group Quotas (Owners: Vijaikumar M, Manikandan)
Feel free to add new features/enhancements to the list by creating a
feature bug and attaching to the tracker.
Aravinda & Pranith
More information about the Gluster-devel