[Gluster-devel] Changing DISTAF 'global_mode' variable name

shwetha spandura at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 06:48:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Distaf test framework currently uses a variable 'global_mode' which is
for selecting the mode in which the tests runs.

When 'global_mode' is set to 'True' we run the tests with the config
file configuration and ignores 'runs_on_volumes', 'runs_on_protocols'.

When 'global_mode' is set to 'False' we use the configs
"runs_on_volumes" , "runs_on_protocols", reuse_setup as specified in the
doc_string or run_on_all_vols /run_on_all_protocols/reuse_setup:true if
doc_string not specified , to automatically loop through all the
specified configs.

'global_mode' is not self-explanatory on what it does. Hence it would be
a good idea to change the name to something more appropriate.

It can be changed to 'ignore_auto_configs'. When 'ignore_auto_configs'
is 'True' we run the tests with config file configurations. When
'ignore_auto_configs' is set to 'False' we use the configs as specified
in doc_string.

This is one option. If any one else has more appropriate name to use
please do suggest.

Regards,
Shwetha