[Gluster-devel] Question on merging zfs snapshot support into the mainline glusterfs

Rajesh Joseph rjoseph at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 06:11:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM, B.K.Raghuram <bkrram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rajesh,
>
> I was looking at 3.6 only to check on some locking issues that we were
> seeing.

What kind of locking issues you see? If you can provide some more
information I can be able to help you.

> However, we would like to see this in master. Please feel free to suggest
> modifications/modify the code as you see fit.

Sure, I will review the code and let you know what needs to be changed.

> Are there plans of having a more general way of integrating other
> underlying snapshotting mechanisms such as btrfs/lxd as well?

We do have this in our backlog, but due to manpower and other priorities it
was never picked up. Hope this get sorted in the
coming future and also it would be great to get contributions from other
community members in this area.

Best Regards,
Rajesh