[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs 3.7.11 with LibGFApi in Qemu on Ubuntu Xenial does not work

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 02:44:42 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:07 AM, André Bauer <abauer at magix.net> wrote:
> Hi Prasanna,
>
> Am 15.06.2016 um 12:09 schrieb Prasanna Kalever:
>

>> I think you have missed enabling bind insecure which is needed by
>> libgfapi access, please try again after following below steps
>>
>> => edit /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol by add "option
>> rpc-auth-allow-insecure on" #(on all nodes)
>> => gluster vol set $volume server.allow-insecure on
>> => systemctl restart glusterd #(on all nodes)
>>

> No, thats not the case. All services are up and runnig correctly,
> allow-insecure is set and the volume works fine with libgfapi access
> from my Ubuntu 14.04 KVM/Qemu servers.
>
> Just the server which was updated to Ubuntu 16.04 can't access the
> volume via libgfapi anmyore (fuse mount still works).
>
> GlusterFS logs are empty when trying to access the GlusterFS nodes so iyo
> think the requests are blocked on the client side.
>
> Maybe apparmor again?

Might be worth a check again to see if there are any errors seen in
glusterd's log file on the server. libvirtd seems to indicate that
fetch of the volume configuration file from glusterd has failed.

If there are no errors in glusterd or glusterfsd (brick) logs, then we
can possibly blame apparmor ;-).

Regards,
Vijay