[Gluster-devel] Issues from Gerrit Upgrade

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 03:50:10 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

As you may know, we upgraded to Gerrit on review.gluster.org to 2.12.2.
After
this upgrade, several people noticed issues around logging into Gerrit.

In the past, some users had a username on Gerrit that is different from
their
Github username. This worked fine until now. In the latest release, your
username should be the same as your Github username. People who face an
issue
get a Server Error when they try to login to review.gluster.org.

There are two ways to go about fixing the server error.

# Option 1
We can delete the connection between your Github account and Gerrit.  When
you
login again, a new user will be created for you with the username matching
your
Github account.

Bad: You don't keep history of your old reviews on this new account.
Good: This is the least risky
option.

# Option 2
We change your Gerrit username to match your Github username.

Bad: There's a chance that things may break with the username change. Gerrit
doesn't allow you to change username because it's used in specific features.
Good: I can't find us using any of the features that may give us an issue,
but
my search has not been thorough.
Good: You get to keep history.

# What we have done

>From what I've gathered around conversations with people, we care about the
history. So I have changed everyone's Gerrit username to match their Github
username. Multiple people have tested and confirmed that this works.

Remember this means the username you use to push to Gerrit may have changed.
Please clear your cookies and cache and sign in to Gerrit and visit the
account
page.

If you have any issues, please email me or ping me on IRC (I'm nigelb).

--
nigelb