[Gluster-devel] Duplicati UUID entries

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 16:38:59 UTC 2016

On Friday 29 July 2016, ABHISHEK PALIWAL <abhishpaliwal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a long time I am posting one more issue here.
>
> We have two board and glusterfs in sync on both of them, and our test case
> to restart one board continuously but in this TestCase we are getting
> duplicate entries of UUID in "gluster peer status" command and it is very
> rarely seen.
>

> So, I just want to know the possible reason behind this problem.
>
> There is no possibility of deletion of glusterd.info file and I think if
> this is not present then only gluster will generate new UUID for the peer.

That's right but based on our earlier email exchanges for the other issues
you reported I believe when a board is restarted the content of
/var/lib/glusterd/ gets wiped off which will also delete glusterd.info
file, isnt that true? Honestly with this data, its not possible to analyze
the issue. You'd need to give us the glusterd log from all the nodes to
progress on it further.

--
--Atin