[Gluster-devel] Open Source Storage Summit

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 21:43:20 UTC 2016

This was a little late being announced officially, but EMC{code} is hosting
Open Source Storage Summits for the next two LinuxCons: North American and
Europe.

https://www.linux.com/blog/announcing-open-source-storage-summit

At LinuxCon Japan, I was asked to speak for the Gluster project, and it
ended up being really valuable: people from Fujitsu wanted to have an
in-depth conversation about how to contribute code back to the Gluster
project, and I walked them through it, which was really exciting and
unexpected from a day that was mostly talks.

Other nice thing: They're really looking for Gluster participation! I know
they've reached out to Ceph as well to be able to get more speakers at the
next two events. These events are primarily geared to users that are coming
from a traditional storage environment looking to get started in open
source storage. They're not expecting very technical deep dives into niche
areas, but good demos would be welcomed here.

If you're interested in this, let me know, they're actively trying to
recruit speakers for both Toronto and Berlin.
Thanks!

-- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead