[Gluster-devel] Notifications (was Re: GF_PARENT_DOWN on SIGKILL)

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 14:14:34 UTC 2016

> I don't think we need any list traversal because notify sends it down
> the graph.

Good point.  I think we need to change that, BTW.  Relying on
translators to propagate notifications has proven very fragile, as many
of those events are overloaded to mean very different things to
different translators (e.g. just being up vs. having quorum) with
different rules for when they should or should not be propagated.  Going
forward, I think we can save ourselves a lot of headaches by treating
notification as an infrastructure responsibility, and changing
translators to use something else (e.g. IPC fops or upcalls) for their
internal needs.

But that's a different issue.  For now, just pushing one PARENT_DOWN
to the top of the graph should suffice.