[Gluster-devel] 3.7 regressions on NetBSD

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 14:01:07 UTC 2016

> I attempted to get us more space on NetBSD by creating a new partition called
> /data and putting /build as a symlink to /data/build. This has caused
> problems
> with tests/basic/quota.t. It's marked as bad for master, but not for
> release-3.7. This is possibly because we have a hard-coded grep for
> /build/install against df -h.

For the benefit of anyone else looking at this, the grep actually seems to be
in volume.rc and not in the test itself.

> Nithya has spent the last 2 days debugging
> without much success. What's a good way forward here? Mark the test as
> failing for 3.7?

I don't think so.  There are 13 tests that use the affected function
(get_aux).  Do we want to disable 13 tests?  I think we actually need
to fix the function instead.  It seems to me that the check we're
making is very hacky in two ways:

   Checking for both /run and /var/run instead of using GLUSTERD_WORKDIR

   Excluding /build/install for no obvious reason at all

These auxiliary mounts should be in a much more specific place, and we
should check for that instead of looking for any that might exist.  Who
knows where that place is?  I've copied Raghavendra G as the quota
maintainer, since that seems like our best bet.