[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] 3.7.13 & proxmox/qemu

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Thu Jul 21 14:58:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 10:49:52AM +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > Did a quick test this morning - 3.7.13 is now working with libgfapi -
> yay!
> >

> > However I do have to enable write-back or write-through caching in qemu
> > before the vm's will start, I believe this is to do with aio support.
> Not a
> > problem for me.
> >
> > I see there are settings for storage.linux-aio and storage.bd-aio - not
> sure
> > as to whether they are relevant or which ones to play with.
>
> Both storage.*-aio options are used by the brick processes. Depending on
> what type of brick you have (linux = filesystem, bd = LVM Volume Group)
> you could enable the one or the other.
>
> We do have a strong suggestion to set these "gluster volume group .."
>
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/group-virt.example
>
> From those options, network.remote-dio seems most related to your aio
> theory. It was introduced with http://review.gluster.org/4460 that
> contains some more details.

Thanks with the exception of stat-prefetch I have those enabled
I could try turning that back off though at the time of update to 3.7.13 it
was off.  I didnt turn it back on till later in next week after downgrading
back to 3.7.11.

Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ccgl1.gl.local:/gluster1/BRICK1/1
Brick2: ccgl2.gl.local:/gluster1/BRICK1/1
Brick3: ccgl4.gl.local:/gluster1/BRICK1/1
Options Reconfigured:
diagnostics.brick-log-level: WARNING
features.shard-block-size: 64MB
features.shard: on