[Gluster-devel] Gluster's Public Social Media Accounts

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 13:36:53 UTC 2016

On 07/19/2016 03:05 AM, Amye Scavarda wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com
> <mailto:vbellur at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com
>     <mailto:amye at redhat.com>> wrote:
>     > In an effort to expand our community reach, we're going to implement a
>     > few changes with the Gluster social media accounts. We've got some
>     > great tools that we're not using that will help us reach more people.
>     >
>     > Starting July 20th, we'll be moving to using HootSuite to schedule
>     > posts exclusively on Twitter, which is good in a number of ways: We'll
>     > be able to track our analytics more effectively, we'll be able to
>     > schedule posts at high traffic times in timezones we want to reach,
>     > and we'll get an understanding of where our growth areas are for
>     > engagement. Facebook posts will tie into Twitter posts, and we'll be
>     > able to track that as well.
>     >
>     > Google+ community pages will remain unchanged, as will our LinkedIn accounts.
>
>     This sounds cool. I think we should also link these social media
>     accounts on a page in gluster.org <http://gluster.org>.
>
> They're all in the footer of Gluster.org.

Thanks, a minor nit - the linkedin page is not listed there :).

>     Do we have a process for notifying about URLs, articles etc. that
>     could be on these social media forums?
>

> What process would that be, beyond planet + already putting it on
> twitter for personal accounts? BKP can weigh in if other communities do
> this differently, but that's part of why we have planet.gluster.org
> <http://planet.gluster.org>

planet.gluster.org works with syndicated links. There is plenty of
content relevant to gluster that does not get featured on planet as we
do not syndicate those links. There are interesting discussions related
to gluster on mailing lists and forums that would benefit from our
social media push. How does one highlight such content to be pushed out
through HootSuite?

Regards,
Vijay