[Gluster-devel] Setting up NFS ganesha using gdeploy

Sachidananda URS surs at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 16:54:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've fixed nfs-ganesha module in gdeploy and merged in master.
Now we will be able to setup NFS-Ganesha on a freshly installed RHEL 7
machines end-to-end
(Including subscribing to channels and installing the necessary packages)
quite smoothly.

We have two prerequisites:

1. Setup hostnames for the nodes.
2. Setup passwordless ssh from your laptop to the NFS ganesha nodes.

I've tested this end-to-end on RHEL-7 machine. And works pretty good.
I request to test this extensively.

I'll now test and fix any issues in adding/deleting nodes to the existing
cluster.

The fixes are available in master [1] I'll build RPMs a couple of weeks
from now.
And install instructions at [2]

Attaching sample configuration file which I used for my deployment. Let me
know if help is needed
in tweaking the config file.

[1] https://github.com/gluster/gdeploy
[2]
http://gdeploy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#installing-from-source

Note:
1. gdeploy is ported to Ansible 2.1, update to latest ansible.
2. If running on RHEL6 make sure to install the necessary packages