[Gluster-devel] How to handle spurious regression test error

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 20:44:31 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 03:37:09AM +0800, Zhengping Zhou wrote:
> Hello all:
>
>     I have submitted some patch to glusterfs through gerrit , but there
> always are spurious regression test errors. I am  wondering what to do when
> there is no relevant error message around this patch  in  Jenkins console's
> output. It seems I only have two choice.
>      First is just waiting for someone to recheck the test in jeekins, the
> other is rebase the patch. The second way will redo the all things, and I
> think is a little noisy for the other developers.
>      So is there any better choice when I encounter this situation.

We try to fix the spurious errors, but that is a very time consuming
work. If a certain test fails more often, we can blacklist it, but that
is a last resort solution.

Depending on the Jenkins job that fails, you can write these commands in
a comment in the review:

  recheck centos
  recheck netbsd
  recheck smoke

The Jenkins jobs catch these comments by regular expression. You can
write them on a signle line, or on multiple lines.

HTH,
Niels