[Gluster-devel] glusterd log file is renamed now

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 04:13:47 UTC 2016

This is a heads up to all devs that we have now renamed the glusterd log
file from $INSTALL_PREFIX-etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log to glusterd.log in
mainline [1] to avoid confusions for many gluster users. I've seen users
reverting to emails asking for which log file to look at when asked for
glusterd log content. If you are using any parser script to grep through
error logs from glusterd, you'd need to change the file name now in the
scripts.

@Aravinda/Pranith - Given that this change would become part of 3.9, could
you guys take a note of this such that we highlight this change in the
release note once 3.9 release is shipped?

[1] http://review.gluster.org/13426

Thanks,
Atin