[Gluster-devel] Question on merging zfs snapshot support into the mainline glusterfs

B.K.Raghuram bkrram at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:29:47 UTC 2016

Hi Rajesh,

I did not want to respond to the question that you'd posed on the zfs
snapshot code (about the volume backend backup) as I am not too familiar
with the code and the person who's coded it is not with us anymore. This
was done in bit of a hurry so it could be that it was just kept for later..

However, Sriram who is cc'd on this email, has been helping us by starting
to look at the gluster code  and has expressed an interest in taking the
zfs code changes on. So he can probably dig out an answer to your question.
Sriram, Rajesh had a question on one of the zfs related patches - (
https://github.com/fractalio/glusterfs/commit/39a163eca338b6da146f72f380237abd4c671db2#commitcomment-18109851
)

Sriram is also interested in contributing to the process of creating a
generic snapshot interface in the gluster code which you and Pranith
mentioned above. If this is ok with you all, could you fill him in on what
your thoughts are on that and how he could get started?

Thanks!
-Ram