[Gluster-devel] Throttling xlator on the bricks

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 02:24:12 UTC 2016

On 01/26/2016 01:22 AM, Shreyas Siravara wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, what benefits do we think this throttling xlator would provide over the "enable-least-priority" option (where we put all the fops from SHD, etc into a least pri queue)?

For one, it could provide more granularity on the amount of throttling
you want to do, for specific fops, from specific clients. If the only
I/O going through the bricks was from the SHD, they would all be
least-priority but yet consume an unfair % of the CPU. We could tweak
`performance.least-rate-limit` to throttle but it would be a global option.