[Gluster-devel] rm -r problem on FreeBSD port

Sakshi Bansal sabansal at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 03:44:18 UTC 2016

> Sometimes. When this occurs (I get something like this every time I do an "rm -r")
> I can sometimes go into the directory and do an explicit "rm <file>". At that point
> it will report that the file doesn't exist (I suspect because it sees 2 of them and
> the second one is gone once the first is removed).
> Other times, the "rm" doesn't gte rid of the file. (I am not sure if unmount/mounting
> affects this?)
When rm on file reports that file does not exist, can you check if by any chance the file is a linkto.

> Afraid not. I deleted the volume and the underlying bricks and created a new one.
Do you by any chance have the log files? If not, if you hit the issue again please do send us the log files.
You can set the log level to DEBUG or TRACE for getting better logs
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Setting_Volume_Options

> I'll admit I find the fact that there are files on both bricks under the same name
> when I am not using replication weird.
> Do you know why this is the case?
Looks like one of it is a linkto file and the other is a data file and hence you see files with same name on two
separate bricks. You can easily confirm this, by doing an 'ls -l' on the files in the bricks. For example:
Brick 1:
---------T 2 sabansal sabansal    0 Jan 18 15:48 file1  ---> linkto file
Brick2:
-rw-rw-r-- 2 sabansal sabansal    0 Jan 18 12:54 file1  ---> data file

Just curious, do you have 'lookup-optimize' set on?