[Gluster-devel] Jenkins accounts for all devs. (Was Re: Gerrit review, submit type and Jenkins testing)

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 05:02:30 UTC 2016

On 01/08/2016 12:03 PM, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> P.S: Stop using the "universal" jenkins account to trigger jenkins
> build if you are not a maintainer.
> If you are a maintainer and don't have your own jenkins account then
> get one soon!

I would request for a jenkins account for non-maintainers too, at least
for the devs who are actively contributing code (as opposed to random
one-off commits from persons). That way, if the regression failure is
*definitely* not in my patch (or) is a spurious failure (or) is
something that I need to take a netbsd slave offline to debug etc.,  I
don't have to be blocked on the Maintainer. Since the accounts are
anyway tied to an individual, it should be easy to spot if someone
habitually re-trigger regressions without any initial debugging.

-Ravi