[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Memory leak in GlusterFS FUSE client

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 10:45:01 UTC 2016

On 01/12/2016 12:17 PM, Mathieu Chateau wrote:
> I tried like suggested:
>
> echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
> sync
>

> It lower a bit usage:
>
> before:
>
> Images intégrées 2
>
> after:
>
> Images intégrées 1

Thanks Mathieu. There is a drop in memory usage after dropping vfs cache
but doesn't seem significant. Not sure at this point what else may be
consuming most of the memory.
Maybe after dropping the vfs cache, you could as well take valgrind
results and see if there are huge chunks reported as lost from inode_new*.

I shall too look into it further and update.

-Soumya