[Gluster-devel] NetBSD tests not running to completion.

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sat Jan 9 04:51:49 UTC 2016

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> > With your support I think we can make things better. To avoid duplication of
> > work, did you take any tests that you are already investigating? If not that
> > is the first thing I will try to find out.
>
> I will look at the ./tests/basic/afr/arbiter-statfs.t problem with
> loopback device.

I tracked it down: vnconfig -l complains about "vnconfig: VNDIOCGET: Bad
file descriptor" when we had a configured loopback device with the
backing store on a filesystem we unmounted.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/scratch/backend bs=1024k count=100
100+0 records in
100+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 3.034 secs (34560843 bytes/sec)
# vnconfig vnd0 /scratch/backend
# vnconfig -l
vnd0: /scratch (/dev/xbd1a) inode 6
vnd1: not in use
vnd2: not in use
vnd3: not in use
# umount -f /scratch/
# vnconfig -l
vnconfig: VNDIOCGET: Bad file descriptor

But it seems the workaround is easy:
# vnconfig -u vnd0
# vnconfig -l
vnd0: not in use
vnd1: not in use
vnd2: not in use
vnd3: not in use

Here is my fixes:
http://review.gluster.org/13204 (master)
http://review.gluster.org/13205 (release-3.7)

And while there, a portability fix in rfc.sh:
http://review.gluster.org/13206 (master)
That bug is not present in release-3.7.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus