[Gluster-devel] NLMv4 isn't available over UDP

Sponge Tsui jingjinglake at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 07:55:31 UTC 2016

---------------------------------
Thanks very much.
Yeah, I learn that "NFS over UDP/IP is much more prone to data corruption
than over TCP/IP" from Eisler's nfs blog at "
http://nfsworld.blogspot.kr/2006_03_01_archive.html"
But, there is still a issue that glusterfs supports NLMv1 over UDP already,
which seems opposite that NLM over UDP hasn't implemented. The following
shows some details:
    #rpcinfo -p | grep 100021
    100021    4   tcp  38468  nlockmgr
    100021    1   udp    745  nlockmgr