[Gluster-devel] Introducing storhaug (formerly Storage-HA)

Jose Rivera jarrpa at redhat.com
Mon Feb 29 13:16:33 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I'd like to introduce you all to storhaug, a Pacemaker-based HA
solution for clustered storage platforms:

https://github.com/linux-ha-storage/storhaug

While still fairly new, it should be ready for people to download and
play with if they so desire. A few important notes:

 - Currently only targeting CentOS 6 and CentOS 7
 - As this has yet to receive widespread testing, only recommended for VMs
 - There is a fair amount of pre-configuration that needs to take place.
   - Currently the RPM installation does most of that for you
   - ...but that means you should take care about where you install it ;)

Naturally, collaboration is fully welcomed. I expect things to fall
over or catch fire in spectacular ways... and if they don't that can
only mean people aren't really testing it yet. I especially want to
hear about the installation and ease-of-use (or lack thereof) of the
software, as those are the hardest part of the forest to see when I've
been staring at the trees for so long. :)

Expect more regular, front-facing activity in the coming days.

Cheers!
--Jose