[Gluster-devel] Bitrot/Tering : Bad files get migrated and hence corruption goes undetected.

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 04:01:28 UTC 2016

Well correctly we dont migrate the existing signature, the file starts it life fresh in the new tier(i.e get the bit rot version 1 on the new tier),
Now this is also the case with any special xattr/attributes of the file.
Again we rely heavily on the dht rebalance mechanism for migrations, which also doesnt carry special attributes/xattr.