[Gluster-devel] glustertool - update

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 10:47:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

glustertool project is moved to https://github.com/gluster/glustertool
(Initially aravindavk/glustertool). Please send pull requests to the new
location.

Changes:
     - Added spec file to generate RPM
     - Added new tool "dirgfid2path" to find path of directory if we
know GFID.

Added TODO list to track the plans
https://github.com/gluster/glustertool/blob/master/TODO.md

regards
Aravinda

On 01/28/2016 12:23 PM, Sachidananda URS wrote:
> Also, don't forget to send a pull request to Aravinda, so that others can
> use it too.
> Maybe add some basic usage note. If it is not already there.
>

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Aravinda <avishwan at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Nice tool.
>>
>> Easy to add, clone the glustertool repo, and run
>>
>> # ./newtool mnt_log_analyze --type=exec --bin=log_analyzer.sh --prog=bash
>>
>> I used tool name "mnt_log_analyze" just for this example, feel free to
>> name your tool.
>>
>> This will create following dir and files
>> glustertool/plugins/mnt_log_analyze
>> glustertool/plugins/mnt_log_analyze/tool.conf
>> glustertool/plugins/mnt_log_analyze/doc.txt
>>
>> Update the tool doc in doc.txt and copy your script to
>> glustertool/plugins/mnt_log_analyze dir.
>>
>> Thats all! use your tool using,
>>
>> # glustertool mnt_log_analyze /var/log/glusterfs/mnt-glusterfs.log
>>
>> Let me know if something is not working.
>>
>> regards
>> Aravinda
>>

>> On 01/28/2016 04:56 AM, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
>>
>>> I have a script written to analyze the log message of gluster process.
>>>
>>> It actually scans the log file and identifies the log messages with ERROR
>>> and WARNING levels.
>>> It lists the functions (with either ERROR or WARNING logs) and their
>>> percentage of occcurance.
>>>
>>> It also lists the MSGIDs for ERROR and WARNING logs and their percentage
>>> of
>>> occurance.
>>>
>>> A sample o/p the script:
>>>
>>> [root at hal9000 ~]# ./log_analyzer.sh /var/log/glusterfs/mnt-glusterfs.log
>>> Number Percentage Function
>>> 7 0.49 __socket_rwv
>>> 4 0.28 mgmt_getspec_cbk
>>> 4 0.28 gf_timer_call_after