[Gluster-devel] Progress on getting distaf as test framework for glusterfs-3.8?

Vishwanath Bhat vbhat at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 19:23:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Vishwanath Bhat <vbhat at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi MS and Jonathan!
>>
>> During DevConf.cz we spoke a little more about getting distaf ready for
>> prime time. Features that are proposed for GlusterFS 3.8 will be
>> expected to provide distaf test-cases. These test-cases should show the
>> standard functionality of the feature, and will help in detecting (or
>> hopefully preventing) breakage when more features get merged.
>>
>> Could you inform us of the current status of distaf that we as Gluster
>> Community will be using for this? Have you made any progress on getting
>> a regular (weekly?) distaf job in the CentOS CI already?
>>

> I was successfully able to do a dry run of the distaf within centos infra.
> I am writing a wrapper to request for nodes and then release them once
> tests are done. But I was able to run testcase without any other issues. I
> hope to get this complete by Monday evening. Once that is done, we need to
> trigger the job through Jenkins, which shouldn't take much effort.

As promised, I was able to request nodes from duffy, update them to distaf
config file and run the tests. Now I need to setup Jenkins job to trigger
the run and I am half way through it as well.
https://ci.centos.org/job/gluster_nightly_distaf/

I will complete them at the earliest tomorrow.

> But since there are no extra disks in the servers, I am working around by
> using the 'force' option in volume create. But it would be better to have a
> disk which we can provision for our use. This might take some time since it
> needs to be done from the centos-ci side.
>

>> Obviously it would help if you can link any presentations, videos or
>> other documentation bits. We should be working on a simple HOWTO in the
>> developer section on https://gluster.readthedocs.org/ as well.
>>

> Yes, Once I complete this, I will be writing a HOWTO and a screencast. The
> video I had hasn't properly recorded the sound, so if needed I will make a
> video as well. But HOWTO and a better README is the first step.

I will complete the 2-3 issues that is still pending on me and then add a
HOWTO file. The issues itself will take a day or two to complete. And then
about a day for HOWTO.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath