[Gluster-devel] Gluster community meeting - 17/02/2016

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:18:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This weeks community meeting will start at 1200 UTC (about ~20 minutes
> from now). The agenda is available at
> https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings . If anyone
> has any additional topics to discuss, please add it under 'Open
> Floor'.
>
> Thanks.
> Kaushal

Good turnout today! And we had a pretty lively (relatively) meeting.

The logs/minutes are available at the links below, and the summary has
been pasted at the end for easier reference.

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-17/weekly_gluster_community_meeting_-_1722016.2016-02-17-12.00.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-17/weekly_gluster_community_meeting_-_1722016.2016-02-17-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-17/weekly_gluster_community_meeting_-_1722016.2016-02-17-12.00.log.html

Next weeks meeting will be at the same time and same place.
(24/02/2016 1200UTC #gluster-meeting), and will be moderated by atinm.
I'm expecting a larger turnout and more lively meeting room next week.

Thank you everyone who attended today's meeting. Let's keep this
enthusiasm up going forward.

~kaushal

Meeting summary
---------------
* Rollcall  (kshlm, 12:00:40)

* Last week's AI's  (kshlm, 12:03:33)

* ndevos to send out a reminder to the maintainers about more actively
  enforcing backports of bugfixes  (kshlm, 12:03:45)
  * ACTION: ndevos to send out a reminder to the maintainers about more
    actively enforcing backports of bugfixes  (kshlm, 12:05:52)

* kshlm & csim to set up faux/pseudo user email for gerrit, bugzilla,
  github  (kshlm, 12:06:01)
  * ACTION: kshlm & csim to set up faux/pseudo user email for gerrit,
    bugzilla, github  (kshlm, 12:06:44)

* rastar and msvbhat to consolidate and publish testing matrix on
  gluster.org in a weeks time, amye can help  (kshlm, 12:07:03)
  * LINK: https://github.com/gluster/glusterweb/pull/38   (msvbhat,
    12:08:06)

* kkeithley to send a mail about using sanity checker tools in the
  codebase in two weeks.  (kshlm, 12:09:26)
  * ACTION: kkeithley to send a mail about using sanity checker tools in
    the codebase in two weeks.  (kshlm, 12:09:58)

* kshlm to announce 3.7.8  (kshlm, 12:10:18)
  * ACTION: kshlm to update missing release-notes for 3.7  (kshlm,
    12:11:13)
  * LINK:
    http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Contributors-Guide/GlusterFS-Release-process/
    (ndevos, 12:14:08)

* hagarth to send migration/downtime announcement to the mailing lists.
  (kshlm, 12:15:00)

* atinm hagarth kshlm to create a list of rotating volunteers for
  hosting community meetings.  (kshlm, 12:18:12)
  * ACTION: atinm hagarth kshlm to create a list of rotating volunteers
    for hosting community meetings.  (kshlm, 12:19:02)

* GlusterFS 3.7  (kshlm, 12:19:36)
  * ACTION: kshlm to open 3.7.9 tracker (and close 3.7.8 if still open)
    (kshlm, 12:22:22)
  * raghug is 3.7.9 manager  (kshlm, 12:25:55)

* GlusterFS 3.6  (kshlm, 12:26:00)
  * ACTION: kshlm to ping rabhat for an update on 3.6.9  (kshlm,
    12:39:45)

* GlusterFs 3.5  (kshlm, 12:40:13)
  * ndevos to announce 3.5.8 once debs are built.  (kshlm, 12:46:37)

* GlusterFS 3.8 and 4.0  (kshlm, 12:49:55)

Meeting ended at 13:04:34 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* ndevos to send out a reminder to the maintainers about more actively
  enforcing backports of bugfixes
* kshlm & csim to set up faux/pseudo user email for gerrit, bugzilla,
  github
* kkeithley to send a mail about using sanity checker tools in the
  codebase in two weeks.
* kshlm to update missing release-notes for 3.7
* atinm hagarth kshlm to create a list of rotating volunteers for
  hosting community meetings.
* kshlm to open 3.7.9 tracker (and close 3.7.8 if still open)
* kshlm to ping rabhat for an update on 3.6.9

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* atinm
  * atinm hagarth kshlm to create a list of rotating volunteers for
    hosting community meetings.
* kkeithley
  * kkeithley to send a mail about using sanity checker tools in the
    codebase in two weeks.
* kshlm
  * kshlm & csim to set up faux/pseudo user email for gerrit, bugzilla,
    github
  * kshlm to update missing release-notes for 3.7
  * atinm hagarth kshlm to create a list of rotating volunteers for
    hosting community meetings.
  * kshlm to open 3.7.9 tracker (and close 3.7.8 if still open)
  * kshlm to ping rabhat for an update on 3.6.9
* ndevos
  * ndevos to send out a reminder to the maintainers about more actively
    enforcing backports of bugfixes
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)