[Gluster-devel] Speedier-regression-testing idea

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 04:13:17 UTC 2016

As I've watched regression tests grind away all day, I realized there
was a pattern we could exploit.  Not counting the spurious
timing-related failures we've talked about many times, the most likely
failures - by far - are the ones *that are part of the current patch*.
It shouldn't be hard for run-tests.sh to extract these with
git/grep/etc. looking at the HEAD commit and run them first, then
refrain from running them later.  That way we'll get many more fast
failures, fewer slow ones.  I'm way too tired to attempt such a thing
myself right now, but I might give it a try in the morning.  Then again,
if someone else wants to beat me to it, you're more than welcome.