[Gluster-devel] How to cope with spurious regression failures

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Feb 10 14:59:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 07:30:24PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> Any comments before I merge the patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13393/ ?

The proposal has the merit of adressing the multi-OS case, but fails
to address future OS addition. If it does not matter to change the
naming the day we add another OS, it is fine for me. Otherwise, I
adivse using a 8 bit hex value that will be fine for a long time:

K01-test.t kills for Linux
K02-test.t kills for NetBSD
K03-test.t kills for both Linux and NetBSD
K04-test.t kills for new OS 1 we would add later.
K08-test.t kills for new OS 2 we would add later.
K10-test.t kills for new OS 3 we would add later.
K19-tets.t kills for Linux, new OS 2 and new OS 3...

Of course if we add more than 8 OS in regression that is not enough,
but you can start with a 16 bit value if you prefer :-)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org