[Gluster-devel] Google Summer of Code Application opens Feb 8th - Call For Mentors

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:00:36 UTC 2016

On Feb 5, 2016 5:42 AM, "Vijay Bellur" <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2016 10:35 AM, Kaushal M wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri
>> <pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> this one? http://review.gluster.org/10186
>>

>> This seems to have been revived. IIRC, Avati's change did it
>> everything server side. IMO, this is not the most suitable approach.
>> One of the reasons we want this support is to do multi-tenancy which
>> requires proper access control. To have access control, we need this
>> to be done on the server side.
>>

> Can you elaborate a bit more on the changes needed on the server side?

These are the changes I expect,
- Do all the changes (or similar changes) in 10186 for the fuse
xlator, except in the server xlator.
- Do the required changes in the server auth code to support sub-directory acls.

In addition, we'd need to check for parts in the client side graph
which expect the root-gfid to be null, and fix those to handle a
proper gfid for root.

Since this feature is mainly targetted for a cloud, multi-tenant use
case, I expect access-control to be a very important requirement.

~kaushal