[Gluster-devel] Invitation: Re: Question on merging zfs snapshot supp... @ Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:30pm - 3:30pm (IST) (sriram at marirs.net.in)

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Dec 21 09:07:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:00:17AM +0530, sriram at marirs.net.in wrote:
> In continuation to the discussion we'd yesterday, I'd be working on the
> change we'd initiated sometime back for pluggable FS specific snapshot
> implementation

Let me know how I can contribute the FFS implementation for NetBSD.
In case it helps for designing the API, here is the relevant man page:
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?fss+.NONE+NetBSD-7.0.2

Basically, you find iterate on /dev/fss[0-9], open it cand call ioctl
FSSIOCGET to checkif it is already in use. Once you have an unused
one, ioctl FSSIOCSET to cast the snapshot. It requires a backing store
file, which may be created by mktemp() and unlinked immediatly.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org