[Gluster-devel] Ability to skip regression jobs?

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 16:01:35 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

There's a few conversations I've been having about reducing regressions
workloads. Is it useful to have a mechanism to suggest in a commit message to
skip regressions on a job? For instance, you'd say [ci-skip] and it would skip
your commit.

My assumption is that we may have a genuine use-case where we don't want to run
regressions. For example, changes to packaging, or changes to some files in
extras. We could maintain a larger skip list, but that approach doesn't scale
very well.

On the other hand, opening this up means it's likely to be abused. So we may
have to do good policing.

Anyone have ideas either way?

--
nigelb