[Gluster-devel] semantics about OPEN in NFS

jin deng cheneydeng88 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:28:01 UTC 2016

hello,
    After reading the "nfs" xlator i'm doing some statistics work with
"debug/io-stats" and find that only the open/create/mkdir will do the "
*ios_inode_ctx_set*" means other operations such readv(not created during
the lifetime of this glusterfs process) will not be calculated for the
throughput and etc.so what's the purpose of only
set the ctx in open/create/mkdir.
    By the way,at the mention of "open",this is not a semantics which
defined by NFS rfc,while I saw many xlator do
define such a operation but the "nfs" xlator hasn't call any "open"
operation of subvolumes.I'm wondering when and
where the open will be called?
   Thanks.

--
Sincerely,