[Gluster-devel] Feature proposal for 3.10 release: Support to retrieve maximum supported op-version

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 18:44:23 UTC 2016

On 12/12/2016 01:29 PM, Joe Julian wrote:
> On 12/08/2016 09:22 AM, Samikshan Bairagya wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently there is no way to know the maximum op-version that is
>> supported in a heterogeneous cluster. If this is made possible, it
>> would prove helpful to users wrt knowing the maximum op-version to
>> which the cluster could be bumped up to.
>>
>> The minimum of the maximum op-versions that is supported by each node
>> returns the maximum op-version the cluster can support. The idea is to
>> use the gluster volume get interface as follows to retrieve this value:
>>
>> # gluster volume get all cluster.max-op-version
>>
>> I feel this could be an useful feature to include in the 3.10 release
>> and a related issue [1] is open on Github for the same.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/56
>>

> Are we using github issues now?

Joe, we are using github issues to track features being planned for the
upcoming and future releases. See the release 3.10 announcement here [1].

So for users we still are in the old mode, of filing bugs for all
requests (features or bugs).

I do see that you have added a comment to this github issue, we usually
comment on (review) these using the gluster spec repositories, hence my
request to Samikshan to open a spec for the above. Could you share your
thoughts around where you would like to comment (as a user)?

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Release 3.10 announce:
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-November/051584.html