[Gluster-devel] Regular Performance Testing

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 11:31:18 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

I've had chats with Manoj and Ambarish about performance testing and what we
can do upstream. Niels today solved half my problem by pointing out that we can
get physical nodes on CentOS CI. The general idea is to run iozone[1] and
smallfile[2] on a fixed frequency for master (to begin with).

Does this sound like a good idea? If so, read on.

For this to happens a few things need to happen:
* I'll need some help from a few people who can read the reports and coordinate
  fixes. That is, someone needs to "own" performance for upstream.
* I need some help in generating the right reports so we can figure out if our
  performance went up or down.

[1]: http://www.iozone.org/
[2]: https://github.com/bengland2/smallfile

--