[Gluster-devel] 3.9. feature freeze status check

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 16:08:55 UTC 2016

hi,
      Now that we are almost near the feature freeze date (31st of Aug),
want to get a sense if any of the status of the features.

Please respond with:
1) Feature already merged
2) Undergoing review will make it by 31st Aug
3) Undergoing review, but may not make it by 31st Aug
4) Feature won't make it for 3.9.

I added the features that were not planned(i.e. not in the 3.9 roadmap
page) but made it to the release and not planned but may make it to release
at the end of this mail.
If you added a feature on master that will be released as part of 3.9.0 but
forgot to add it to roadmap page, please let me know I will add it.

Here are the features planned as per the roadmap:
1) Throttling
Feature owner: Ravishankar

2) Trash improvements
Feature owners: Anoop, Jiffin

3) Kerberos for Gluster protocols:
Feature owners: Niels, Csaba

4) SELinux on gluster volumes:
Feature owners: Niels, Manikandan

5) Native sub-directory mounts:
Feature owners: Kaushal, Pranith

6) RichACL support for GlusterFS:
Feature owners: Rajesh Joseph

7) Sharemodes/Share reservations:
Feature owners: Raghavendra Talur, Poornima G, Soumya Koduri, Rajesh
Joseph, Anoop C S

8) Integrate with external resource management software
Feature owners: Kaleb Keithley, Jose Rivera

9) Python Wrappers for Gluster CLI Commands
Feature owners: Aravinda VK

10) Package and ship libgfapi-python
Feature owners: Prashant Pai

11) Management REST APIs
Feature owners: Aravinda VK

12) Events APIs
Feature owners: Aravinda VK

13) CLI to get state representation of a cluster from the local glusterd pov
Feature owners: Samikshan Bairagya

14) Posix-locks Reclaim support
Feature owners: Soumya Koduri

15) Deprecate striped volumes
Feature owners: Vijay Bellur, Niels de Vos

16) Improvements in Gluster NFS-Ganesha integration
Feature owners: Jiffin Tony Thottan, Soumya Koduri

*The following need to be added to the roadmap:*

Features that made it to master already but were not palnned:
1) Multi threaded self-heal in EC
Feature owner: Pranith (Did this because serkan asked for it. He has 9PB
volume, self-healing takes a long time :-/)

2) Lock revocation (Facebook patch)
Feature owner: Richard Wareing

Features that look like will make it to 3.9.0:
1) Hardware extension support for EC
Feature owner: Xavi

2) Reset brick support for replica volumes:
Feature owner: Anuradha

3) Md-cache perf improvements in smb:
Feature owner: Poornima

--