[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Arthy Loganathan aloganat at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 12:14:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to propose below topic as a lightening talk.

Title: Data Logging to monitor Gluster Performance

Theme: Process and Infrastructure

To benchmark any software product, we often need to do performance
analysis of the system along with the product. I have written a tool
"System Monitor" to collect required data like CPU, memory usage and
load average periodically (with graphical representation) of any process
on a system. This data collected can help in analyzing the system &
product performance.

 From this talk I would like to give an overview of this tool and
explain how it can be used to monitor Gluster performance.

Agenda:
   - Overview of the tool and its usage
   - Collecting the data in an excel sheet at regular intervals of time
   - Plotting the graph with that data (in progress)
   - a short demo

Thanks & Regards,

Arthy