[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Susant Palai spalai at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 07:18:49 UTC 2016

Topic: Lock migration and how it overcomes data inconsistency in glusterFS - design, status and roadmap
Theme: Stability
Abstract: Rebalance process in glusterFS currently doesn't retain posix locks
          when it migrates files from source server to destination server.
          This can lead to data inconsistency in the files owing to successful
          writes by more than one client on a file incorrectly.
          In this talk, I will present the design of lock migration, its status and how this
          solves the problem of data inconsistency.
Thanks,
Susant Palai