[Gluster-devel] CFP Gluster Developer Summit

Avra Sengupta asengupt at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 06:46:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to propose the following talks:

1. Ttitle: Server side replication
     Theme: Gluster.Next
     Abstract: Achieving availability and correctness without
compromising performance, is always a challenge in designing new storage
replication technologies. In this talk I would talk about the following:

  * Challenges faced by client side replication
  * How we can address these challenges with server side replication
  * Use cases for both server side and client side replication

2. Title: Scalability Issues and probable solutions
     Theme: Stability and performance
      Abstract: Scalability in terms of number of nodes, and number of
volumes in a cluster as of today is something I plan to explore in this
talk. I would like to discuss the numbers we reach today, and probable
solutions to get to better numbers. I would talk about the following:

  * Bottlenecks in scalability due to Glusterd and probable solutions
  * Scalability issues due to snapshot bricks' resource consumption and
    probable solutions

Regards,
Avra