[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 12:15:23 UTC 2016

Hello,

Here is a proposal I'd like to make.

Title: Throttling in gluster
(https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accepted/throttling.md)
Theme: Performance and scalability.

The talk/ discussion will be focused on server side throttling of FOPS,
using a throttling translator. The primary consumer of this would be
self-heal traffic in AFR but can be extended to other clients as well.
I'm working on getting it working for AFR for the first cut so that the
multi-threaded self-heal (courtesy facebook) can be enabled without
consuming system resources too much possibly leading to client starvation.
I'm hoping to have some discussions around this to make it more generic
and see if it can be aligned with long term goals for QoS in gluster.

Thanks.
Ravi