[Gluster-devel] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 16:10:17 UTC 2016

Here's one from me:

Sharding in GlusterFS - Past, Present and Future

I intend to cover the following in this talk:

* What sharding is, what are its benefits over striping and in general..
* Current design
* Use cases - VM image store/HC/ROBO
* Challenges - atomicity, synchronization across multiple clients,
performance etc
* Future directions - sharding for general purpose use-cases [WIP]
                              (optionally inter-op with other features like
file snapshots etc,
                               if I find time to think of some solution by
Oct).

-Krutika