[Gluster-devel] Brick multiplexing status

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Sat Aug 20 00:19:25 UTC 2016

For those who are interested, here's the current development status.

The good news is that the current patch[1] works well enough for almost
all of the basic tests and 22/32 of the basic/afr tests to run
successfully.  The exceptions have to do with specific features rather
than base functionality, as mentioned in the commmit messsage:

> There are some things that still don't seem to work.  Changelog and
> trash were both causing problems even when those features weren't
> being used, so those translators aren't even added.  Quota and
> snapshots also seem to have problems, so most of their tests fail.
> Lastly, a lot of things work for the wrong reasons, the most egregious
> example being that authentication has been short-circuited until I do
> some refactoring around where the auth-related transport options live.
> Still, it's easier to fix these sorts of things one by one from a
> mostly-working base than try to deal with them all together.

It's a good start, but plenty more to do . . . which brings us to the
bad news.  I won't be able to work on this at all next week, due to
planned vacation, and that leaves only a few days at the end of the
month.  If that's the deadline for 3.9, this feature is not going to
make it (not that anyone ever reviewed the feature-page addition, so I
guess you could say it was never in 3.9 anyway).  This change is going
to make a big difference for some use cases, and it's progressing well,
but we'll need to find a new release vehicle for it.

[1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14763/