[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] release-3.6 end of life

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 04:22:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/08/2016 3:45 AM, Diego Remolina wrote:
>
>> The one thing that still remains a mystery to me is how to downgrade
>> glusterfs packages in Ubuntu. I have never been able to do that. There
>> was also a post from someone about it recently on the list and I do
>> not think it got any replies.
>>

> I would have assumed something like:
>

> 1. stop volume(s)
>
> 2. if needed: reset gluster options not available is older version
>
> 3. if needed: downgrade op-version

Downgrading op-version is not possible until and unless changes are done
from back end. So my suggestion is to swap the step 3 & step 4. We need to
first stop all the gluster services, change the op-version in glusterd.info
file in all the nodes and then proceed to step 5.

> 4. stop all gluster daemons :)
>
> 5. sudo apt-get purge gluster*
>
> 6. sudo ppa-purge <gluster ppa>
>
> 7. Install older ppa.
>
> 8. install older gluster service
>
> 9. Start services
>
> 10. check peers and status
>
> 11. start volume
>
> 12. test
>

> if 2) and 3) can't be done then I presume you can't downgrade.
>
> --
> Lindsay Mathieson

--Atin