[Gluster-devel] Nameless lookup in meta namespace

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 05:59:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

As you may probably know meta xlators provide a /proc kind of virtual
name space that can be used to get meta data information for mount
process. We are trying to enhance the meta xlator to support more
features and to support other protocols.

Currently meta generate gfid by its own and store it to the inode. But
when a graph switch happens fuse send a nameless lookup with a fresh
inode from the new graph to resolve the gfid. But meta doesn't know
about the gfid even though it generated it, because all the information
are stored in inode_ctx of previous inode. So the nameless lookup will fail.

Basically we need a way to resolve gfid from meta xlators. Or otherwise
as meta xlators provide meta data of process, we can restrict the access
to per graph basis. If a graph change happens , we can treat it as the
directory as deleted and recreated with different gfid. We have to
access it again to get information from new graph.

Thoughts?

Regards!

Rafi KC