[Gluster-devel] [IMPORTANT] Adding release notes for 3.8 features

Jiffin Tony Thottan jthottan at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 10:07:56 UTC 2016

  Hi all,

The branching for 3.8 will happen on April 30th, 2016. Since we are
approaching the last stage for
3.8 release a public pad [1] is created for adding release notes. It
should mention about major changes
that may impact overall working of a feature. For example we are
planning to depreciate gluster nfs
from 3.8, i.e when volume get started, nfs server won't start by
default.The user need to turn off
"nfs.disable" option to bring up gluster nfs.

So I kindly request all the feature owners to update the release note
about their feature.

Also please update your progress on 3.8 features in the roadmap [2]

[1] https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/glusterfs-3.8-release-notes
[2] https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.8/

Thanks,
Niels & Jiffin