[Gluster-devel] How use Gluster/NFS

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 11:46:58 UTC 2016

On 04/29/2016 07:34 AM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> Abhishek Paliwal wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I want to use gluster NFS and export this gluster volume using 'mount -t nfs
>> -o acl' command.
>>
>> i have done the following changes:
>> 1. Enable the NFS using nfs.disable off
>> 2. Enable the ACL using nfs.acl on
>> 3. RPCbind is also running
>> 4. Kernel NFS is stopped
>>
> You could try setting
>  nfs.register-with-portmap on
> I thought it was enabled by default, but maybe that changed
> when the default for nfs.disable changed?

The default for nfs.disable is _only_ changing starting with GlusterFS-3.8.

GlusterFS-3.8 HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET.

IOW the default for nfs.disable has _not_ changed in GlusterFS-3.7 and
nfs.register-with-portmap _remains_ enabled by default; and will remain
enabled by default even in GlusterFS-3.8.

--

Kaleb