[Gluster-devel] How to enable ACL support in Glusterfs volume

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 13:36:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 06:45:59PM +0530, ABHISHEK PALIWAL wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 12:11:06PM +0530, ABHISHEK PALIWAL wrote:
> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to enable ACL support on gluster volume using the kernel NFS ACL
> > > support so I have followed below steps after creation of gluster volume:
> > >
> > > 1. mount -t glusterfs -o acl 10.32.0.48:/c_glusterfs /tmp/a2
> > >
> > > 2.       update the /etc/exports file
> > > /tmp/a2 10.32.*(rw,acl,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,fsid=14)
> > >
> > > 3.       exportfs –ra
> > >
> > > 4.       gluster volume set c_glusterfs nfs.acl off
> > >
> > > 5.       gluster volume set c_glusterfs nfs.disable on
> > >
> > > we have disabled above two options because we are using Kernel NFS ACL
> > > support and that is already enabled.
> > >

> > > on other board mounting it using
> > >
> > > mount -t nfs -o acl,vers=3 10.32.0.48:/tmp/a2 /tmp/e/
> > >
> > > setfacl -m u:application:rw /tmp/e/usr
> > > setfacl: /tmp/e/usr: Operation not supported
> >
> > Have you tried to set/getfacl on the Gluster FUSE mountpoint (/tmp/a2)
> > too? Depending on the filesystem that you use on the bricks, you may
> > need to mount with "-o acl" there as well. Try to set/get an ACL on all
> > of these different levels to see where is starts to fail.
> >
> Yes, you can check I have already given -o acl on /tmp/a2 as well as below

Sorry, that is not what I meant. The bricks that provide the c_glusterfs
volume need to support and have ACLs enabled as well. If you use XFS, it
should be enabled by default. But some other filesystems do not do that.

You have three different mountpoints:

 - /tmp/e: nfs
 - /tmp/a2: Gluster FUSE
 - whatever you use as bricks for c_glusterfs: XFS or something else?

HTH,
Niels