[Gluster-devel] High CPU consumption on Windows guest OS when libgfapi is used

qingwei wei tchengwee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 05:24:52 UTC 2016

Hi Vijay,

I rerun the test with gluster 3.7.11and found that the utilization still
high when i use libgfapi. The write performance is also no good.

Below are the info and results:

Hypervisor host:
libvirt 1.2.17-13.el7_2.4
qemu-kvm 2.1.2-23.el7.1

WIndows VM:
Windows 2008R2
IOmeter

Ubuntu VM:
Ubuntu 14.04
fio 2.1.3

Windows VM (libgfapi)

4k random read

IOPS 22920.76
Avg. response time (ms) 0.65
CPU utilization total (%) 82.02
CPU Privilegde time (%) 77.76
4k random write

IOPS 4526.39
Avg. response time (ms) 3.26
CPU utilization total (%) 93.61
CPU Privilegde time (%) 90.24
Windows VM (fuse)

4k random read

IOPS 14662.86
Avg. response time (ms) 1.08
CPU utilization total (%) 27.66
CPU Privilegde time (%) 24.45
4k random write

IOPS 16911.66
Avg. response time (ms) 0.94
CPU utilization total (%) 26.74
CPU Privilegde time (%) 22.64
Ubuntu VM (libgfapi)

4k random read

IOPS 34364
Avg. response time (ms) 0.46
CPU utilization total (%) 6.09
4k random write

IOPS 4531
Avg. response time (ms) 3.53
CPU utilization total (%) 1.2
Ubuntu VM (fuse)

4k random read

IOPS 17341
Avg. response time (ms) 0.92
CPU utilization total (%) 4.22
4k random write

IOPS 17611
Avg. response time (ms) 0.91
CPU utilization total (%) 4.65
Any comments on this or things i should try?

Thanks.

Cw