[Gluster-devel] More news on 3.7.11

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:02:23 UTC 2016

Some more (bad) news on the status of 3.7.11.

I've been doing some more tests with release-3.7, and found that the
fix for solving daemons failing to start when management encryption is
enabled doesn't work in all cases.

Now I've got 2 options I can take, and would like some opinions on
which I should take.

1. Delay the release a little more, and fix the issue completely. I
don't know how long a proper fix is going to take.

Or,
2. Revert the IPv6 patch that exposed this problem, and release
immediately. We can then work on getting the issue fixed on master,
and then backport the IPv6 change again.

What do other maintainers feel? Hopefully I get some opinions before
the weekend.

~kaushal