[Gluster-devel] Spurious failures

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 10:00:39 UTC 2015

Le mercredi 23 septembre 2015 à 03:25 -0400, Kotresh Hiremath
Ravishankar a écrit :
> Hi Krutika,
>
> Looks like the prerequisites for geo-replication to work is changed
> in slave21
>
> Hi Michael,

Hi,

> Could you please check following settings are made in all linux regression machines?

Yeah, I will add to salt.

> Or provide me with root password so that I can verify.

Root login using password should be disabled, so no. If that's still
working and people use it, that's gonna change soon, too much problems
with it.

> 1. Setup Passwordless SSH for the root user:

Can you be more explicit on where should the user come from so I can
properly integrate that ?

There is something adding lots of line to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys on
the slave, and this make me quite unconfortable, so if that's it, I
rather have it done cleanly, and for that, I need to understand the
test, and the requirement.

> 2. Add below line in /root/.bashrc. This is required as geo-rep does "gluster --version" via ssh
>    and it can't find the gluster PATH via ssh.
>      export PATH=$PATH:/build/install/sbin:/build/install/bin

I will do this one.

Is georep supposed to work on other platform like freebsd ? ( because
freebsd do not have bash, so I have to adapt to local way, but if that's
not gonna be tested, I rather not spend too much time on reading the
handbook for now )

--
Michael Scherer